“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
Working with friends is a lot of fun but can still be challenging as there are often different opinions. When you must work with people you don’t know or don’t like then the challenge gets even bigger. Working as part of a team is fundamental to life and this includes working with people we don’t always get along with.
- Do you already work as part of a team? What is that team like?
- What do you think makes a good team player?
- Work together in groups to solve these brain teasers…
- You have a fox, a chicken and a sack of grain. You must cross a river with only one of them at a time. If you leave the fox with the chicken he will eat it; if you leave the chicken with the grain he will eat it. How can you get all three across safely?
- A, B, C and D are out for a walk. They must cross a bridge at night and only have one torch. The bridge can only take two people at a time and they cannot throw the torch back as it’s too far. They can only cross the bridge at the speed of the slowest person. A can cross in 1 minute, B in 2 minutes, C in 5 minutes and D in 8 minutes. They must do it in the quickest time possible and work out it can be done it 15 minutes. How do they do it?