Welcome to the Secondary Phase of Cranbrook Education Campus!
Our Secondary Phase is for pupils from Year 7 to 11, ages 11-16. Pupils choose their GCSE options at the end of Year 9 and sit their GCSE Exams in Year 11.
If you are starting at Cranbrook Education Campus in September 2021 then please find below all the information you will need, plus some forms for your parents to fill in.
There is also a shorter two minute version of the above Welcome video which you can find here and we recommend that all new starters watch it with their parents before starting at CEC.
Transition 2021 – Videos and activities
As we aren’t able to have a normal transition for our new Year 7s this year we have created some video guides to introduce them to CEC that highlight some of the important pieces of information about school life:
There are also some activities that the Year 6s can do from home to give themselves the best possible start in September:
- Sample English Lesson materials – if you’d like to follow along with Mrs Brown’s video lesson above then you might like to download and print these resources: English Sample lesson resources
- Numerise Maths – make sure you sign up for your FREE Numerise place – the sign up deadline has been extended to 31st July 2021 and gives free access to twelve Maths lessons until September 2021. Maths Transition 2021 – Numerise Parent Letter .
- Transition Book (Wonder). Listen to the first chapter here.
- Science Transition Activities – download and complete experiments over the summer! CEC KS3 Transition Pack Science
- The Big Step – Some pupils have signed up for The Big Step Summer School at CEC between 2nd-6th August 2021 which is a free summer school where the focus is on preparing for secondary school. . Unfortunately they are now fully booked, but if you do have a place secured then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://thebigstep.org/about-us/ for more details.
Cranbrook Education Campus Guides you might like to read:
- Parent Guide 2020-2021
- Pupil Guide 2020-2021
- Being a pupil at CEC
- Secondary Partnership Agreement
- Meet the Secondary Staff
- Further School Policies
Ted Wragg Trust Video Guides you might like to watch:
CEC is part of the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust which was formally established in 2013 with the aim of creating an outstanding educational experience for all of Exeter’s children no matter what their background or aptitudes. All schools within the TWMAT share approaches to teaching and learning which you can find further details of in the video guides below:
Forms we need parents to complete by 12th July 2021:
|Data Collection||Form Link|
|FSM Pupil Premium||PDF Letter and Link to apply|
|Special Dietary Requirements||PDF Link – print, fill in and return|
|Nut Allergy||PDF Link – print, fill in and return|
Buying your Secondary Uniform
Honiton Sports Shop offers many options for purchasing our school uniform – You can contact them by clicking here
Travelling to Campus
Do you live in Cranbrook and are planning for your son or daughter to cycle to school next year? If so, this video made by Sustrans might be really helpful in planning their cycle route.