Who are we?
We are a group of parents and teachers with representatives from each phase of the school who meet on a regular basis to see how we can support the children and staff within the school. Our current committee roles are held by:
Chair: Angie Osborn
Vice Chair: Pippa Ansell
Treasurer: Elizabeth Partridge
Secretary: Bekki Mills
What are our aims?
- We want to raise funds to support the work of the school and help supplement the experiences and learning that the school can offer to all our children.
- We are a point of contact between parents and the school to discuss new initiatives, feedback on how school events/changes have gone, disseminate information and raise any concerns.
What can we help with?
- We organise events to raise money to support the work of the school and support school events as needed.
- We can provide a parents perspective on school matters.
- We will discuss concerns issues raised by parents to the school – however please be aware that this will be done through our meetings so if your concern is regarding safety/hygiene/issues that need to be raised urgently it is much more appropriate and effective for these to be reported to reception or emailed to school (email@example.com) directly from the parent concerned. It is also not appropriate for us to be involved with issues pertaining to specific children – these should be directed to the child’s teacher and/or Phase Lead.
When do we meet?
We meet at school on a 4-6 weekly basis (depending on the school holidays) All parents are welcome to attend our yearly AGM and our meetings to see what we do and if they would like to be involved.
How can I be involved?
- Become a committee member! We would love to have as wide a variety of people/phases/children represented at our meetings and are always open to new members. However we appreciate that not everyone will be able to commit, or be interested, in attending meetings therefore there are many other ways to support us too.
- Helping at our events – whether that is helping us to set up/set down at an event or providing a cake from the cake sale your help is so appreciated! If you would be able to help at the occasional event please let us know.
- If you have a skill that may be useful for one of our events or something you could donate as a raffle prize we would love to hear from you.
- We work most effectively when we work alongside parents so any ideas/suggestions/feedback (good and bad!) about events/concerns/fundraising ideas are always welcome