Christmas is coming!! Things are really getting busy now and from Monday we will be seeing lots of Christmas sparkle in our Nursery classes. This week’s letter is all about the arrangements for our Christmas activities. Please do not hesitate to talk to your child’s teachers or contact me if you have any questions.
CHRISTMAS EVENTS AND DETAILS
Friday 7th December – School Christmas fayre.
The Christmas Fayre runs in the main atrium of the school between 4pm and 6pm. Our Nursery children are not directly involved with this but we would love to see as many of you there as possible. There are lots of child friendly stalls run by our PTA, plus bouncy castles and of course a grotto with a very special visitor!
Monday 10th-Friday 14th December – Christmas craft afternoons
- 45 pm every day – come and join your child making some lovely crafts for Christmas. There will be different activities every day
- Please come to the main black gate and somebody will let you in
- There will be signup sheets on our outdoor notice board from Monday onwards – please sign up to say which day you would like to come along. (Maximum 12 spaces per base each day)
Friday 14th December – Save the Children National Christmas Jumper Day
- Non uniform day where we invite all children and adults to wear a Christmas Jumper to school and Nursery. This is a national fundraising event for Save the Children, and the suggested donation is £1 per child.
Wednesday 19th December – Nursery Christmas party
- Our Nursery party starts at 1.30pm, but due to the large numbers of children this year we are asking parents to arrive at 2.15, ready for singing, games and a special visitor.
- All children are invited, including children who do not attend that day. They can arrive at 1pm. If your child is in BLUE CLASS and does not normally attend that day, you will need to arrive at 1pm and stay with your child to enable us to stay in legal ratio. This is not necessary with our 3 and 4 year olds, and after dropping them off at 1pm, you are welcome to return at 2.15
- Please sign up to say if your child/you are coming to the party so we have a clear understanding of numbers
- There will be party food – please use the signup sheets to indicate what you are willing to contribute. All food needs to be in nursery in the morning please so we can begin preparations.
- Children can either wear their party clothes to Nursery that day or bring some to change into at lunchtime
- Our special visitor will be keen to hand out presents to the children. Please can you provide a NAMED, wrapped present (up to the maximum value of £3) for your child. This needs to be in Nursery by Monday 17th December at the latest please so we can check everybody has one and avoid disappointed children. If you are bringing along younger brothers or sisters can you please provide a named wrapped present for them too.
Thursday 20th December 9.15 am – end of term Early Years/Primary carol service
- Main hall, 9.10 am – this will replace our normal Friday morning Primary assembly. All children, including Nursery, will attend. Please come along and join our festive end of term singalong!
Term ends at 3.15 on Thursday 20th December, and we return to school on Tuesday 8th January.
Thank you for your continued support. Please remember that we are always available at the beginning and end of the day if you have any questions or concerns, or you can make an appointment to see me.
Have a lovely weekend,
Julie Simpson EYFS LEAD