Apologies for repeating much of the information from last week in this letter, but the Christmas period is so busy that if you are anything like me you are struggling to remember all the key bits of information! So here it is again…..
CHRISTMAS EVENTS AND DETAILS
Friday 7th December – TODAY – School Christmas fayre.
The Christmas Fayre runs in the main atrium of the school between 4pm and 6pm. Our Nursery children are not directly involved with this but we would love to see as many of you there as possible. There are lots of child friendly stalls run by our PTA, plus bouncy castles and of course a grotto with a very special visitor! Plus, with the added attraction of me and Mr Pratt dressed up for the occasion, you really don’t want to miss it!
Monday 10th-Friday 14th December – Christmas craft afternoons
Signup sheets are up on the nursery information boards – don’t forget to sign up for the fun!
- 45 pm every day – come and join your child making some lovely crafts for Christmas. There will be different activities every day
- Please come to the main black gate and somebody will let you in
Friday 14th December – Save the Children National Christmas Jumper Day
- Non uniform day where we invite all children and adults to wear a Christmas Jumper to school and Nursery. This is a national fundraising event for Save the Children, and the suggested donation is £1 per child.
Wednesday 19th December – Nursery Christmas party
Signup sheets are up for this too! Please check on the Nursery information board.
- Our Nursery party starts at 1.30pm, but due to the large numbers of children this year we are asking parents to arrive at 2.15, ready for singing, games and a special visitor.
- All children are invited, including children who do not attend that day. They can arrive at 1pm. If your child is in BLUE CLASS and does not normally attend that day, you will need to arrive at 1pm and stay with your child to enable us to stay in legal ratio. This is not necessary with our 3 and 4 year olds, and after dropping them off at 1pm, you are welcome to return at 2.15
- There will be party food – please use the signup sheets to indicate what you are willing to contribute. All food needs to be in nursery in the morning please so we can begin preparations.
- Children can either wear their party clothes to Nursery that day or bring some to change into at lunchtime
- Our special visitor will be keen to hand out presents to the children. Please can you provide a NAMED, wrapped present (up to the maximum value of £3) for your child. This needs to be in Nursery by Monday 17th December at the latest please so we can check everybody has one and avoid disappointed children. If you are bringing along younger brothers or sisters can you please provide a named wrapped present for them too.
Thursday 20th December 9.15 am – end of term Early Years/Primary carol service
- Main hall, 9.10 am – this will replace our normal Friday morning Primary assembly. All children, including Nursery, will attend. Please come along and join our festive end of term singalong!
Term ends at 3.15 on Thursday 20th December, and we return to school on Tuesday 8th January.
For those of you with children in the Blue Room who are due to move up to Red/Yellow bases in January, you should shortly be receiving a slip explaining which base your child will be in and the transition process. Any questions please ask one of the Blue Room team.
Thanks for your continued support, enjoy the weekend!
EYFS Phase Leader