We have made the decision to close the Campus today (Thursday 1st March). This is to ensure the safety of both students and staff, with significant risks being identified for people travelling to and from the site.
You will be aware that the forecast is for extreme weather later today and potentially tomorrow – the MET Office has issued an amber weather warning for the area.
Whilst we have not had the anticipated snow fall yet in this area. We have taken advice and believe that there is a likelihood that the weather conditions could significantly deteriorate during the day, to the extent that we are concerned for the safety of students and staff, on site or making their way home safely.
A decision on whether the school will be open on Friday will be made by 7.30am and parents will be notified by email/text message. Announcements will also be on local radio, the Campus website and Facebook page.
For Friday, if your child normally leaves before 7.30am to arrive at Campus and the weather conditions are extreme, please do delay their departure and inform the Campus of their late arrival if the Campus is open. If your child is unable to make their way safely to Campus, please inform us by using the usual absence procedures.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Mr S Farmer – Head of Campus