Allergies at the Campus

Dear parent/carer,

This post is to inform you that we have a student at in the Secondary phase who has a severe food allergy to peanuts/nuts and a student in the Primary phase who is allergic to fresh strawberries. It is important that there is strict avoidance to these food types in order to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction. We are asking your help to provide the student with a safe school environment.

Any exposure to peanuts/nuts or the ingestion of fresh strawberries may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the chance of this occurring, we are asking that you do not send any peanut/nut containing products or fresh strawberries to school with your child that will be eaten on Campus. If your child has eaten peanuts/nuts or strawberries before coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands and face have been thoroughly washed before entering the school. If students are seen with peanut/nut products or fresh strawberries then they will be confiscated, stored and returned at the end of the day.

We appreciate your support of these procedures and helping us in keeping the campus peanut/nut and strawberry free.